Can you believe it? It really is time to start thinking about your Easter portraits. Easter is April 12th and in order to have your portraits back in time to have at Easter, the time to start booking appointments is now.
This year Indigo Skye Photography is doing something very special for Easter. On February 21st and March 7th are having a big fund-raiser called "Portraits for Preemies" and donating a portion of the proceeds to the March of Dimes NICU Family Support in Greenville, SC.
Every year one in ten babies born in the United States is admitted to a neonatal intensive care unit because of prematurity or other medical conditions. For the parents and families of these babies this time can be incredibly frightening, frustratingly confusing and absolutely overwhelming.
With the guidance of former NICU families, the March of Dimes developed a program geared towards helping families experiencing a NICU stay. Built on a "family-centered philosophy", the NICU Family Support program addresses the needs of not only the NICU parents, but the siblings and extended family as well.
NICU Family Support provides care and support for these families not only during their baby's stay in the NICU, but assists them in their transition to home as well, and on occasion providing support during the death of a baby. The expert knowledge and comfort given to these families by the NICU Family Support during their baby's frightening stay in the NICU is invaluable.
For those of you who don't know, in addition to being a photographer and owner of Indigo Skye Photography, I am also a nurse in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) at Greenville Memorial Hospital. In the NICU I take care of critically ill and premature babies and their families. It is a special place to work and can be both rewarding and sad at times. I love both of my jobs very much and have found a way to combine the two of them for this fund-raiser.
So what is the fund-raiser? Indigo Skye Photography is selling certificates for Easter portrait sessions for $25. The certificate you purchase will get you the 15 minute mini session as well as a 5x7 of your choice from this session. Of this $25, $15 will go straight to the NICU Family Support. We will also offer three special portrait collections as well as a-la cart portraits that you can purchase in addition to your free 5x7. 10% of the additional sales will also go to NICU Family support as well. Examples of the Easter portrait setup will be posted at a later time.
Details you need to know:
- At this time, sessions will be held on Feb. 21st and March 7th.
- Sessions are by appointment only. When you call to purchase your certificate you will chose your date and time.
- If you have more than one child you wish to be photographed, because of the limited time frame of these sessions you will need to purchase additional certificates for each child. If you wish to have a group portrait of your children together, this is an additional certificate as well. You may purchase only one certificate if you wish to ONLY have a group portrait and no individual portraits. Again because of the limited time frame we can only accommodate no more than three children to a group.
- You may purchase a certificate to give as a gift. Simply instruct the receiver to call and schedule their date and time as soon as possible.
- No refunds will be given for missed sessions. In the event of any unused session the entire $25 from the purchase will go to March of Dimes NICU Family Support.
- You can also call and donate any amount of money to the NICU Family Support. All donations are tax deductible.
So let's go folks. Give us a call to purchase your "Portraits for Preemies" certificate. You can get your beautiful Easter portraits while helping a very deserving program. Sessions are very limited and on a first come first served bases. So don't procrastinate, call us today 864-801-1131.